skip to main content

Thursday 23 August 2012

Girl (Elf) Power

Tigger Blaize will be playing the part of the Girl Elf in Theatre Hullabaloo's new version of The Elves and the Shoemakers. Here is a bit from her about why she makes the perfect Elf:

I am from Guernsey, in the Channel Islands, and am currently living between Oxford and London - no, not High Wycombe. I mean I am living in Oxford but hoping to move back to London soon, which is where I consider 'home' to be.

I was completely in the right place at the right time when I heard about the auditions for Hulaballoo's "The Elves and The Shoemakers". I was on tour with Vamos Theatre's full mask Olympics-inspired show, "Much Ado About Wenlock". A friend came to see it on tour in Brighton, and during a post-show afternoon tea, she mentioned that Hullabaloo were soon to be producing the "Elves..." as their Christmas show. I got onto it straight away and sent an e-mail to Miranda proclaiming my elf-likeness. I've wanted to work with the company for a long time, they have an excellent reputation and the work is always of a really high calibre. I am passionate about children's theatre and was delighted to get an audition. 

I remember having lots of the Grimm's fairy tales and they really made an impression on me. I think I always identified with the free-spirit nature of the elves, and I have a lot of energy to share, so the part of Girl Elf was incredibly appealing! A lot of people describe me as 'elfin', so I think this is a great opportunity to explore.  I am so excited and pleased to accept the job.

The tour is going to be ace! I'm looking forward to working so far up north, as I haven't really covered this area much in my career. I like the vibe in Liverpool, and I've worked at The Unity before and it's always lovely to return to a place you've enjoyed. 

I can't wait to get started. The two days research and development in Darlington last week were awesome! The other actors are talented and lovely, and Sarah and Miranda are full of ideas. I think my main challenges for the rehearsal period will be to make the puppet characters live. I want to get really good at working with my puppet. Is it nearly Christmas...?

Best Wishes, Big love,
Tigger

No comments:

Post a Comment


Copyright Theatre Hullabaloo 2009. Arts Centre, Darlington.
Theatre Hullabaloo is a trading name of Cleveland Independent Theatre Company.
Go to top of page | home page. See our privacy policy, links and sitemap.
european union